Beware of UK Pension Scams!
20 September, 2020
When you leave the UK to live abroad, it can be easy to lose touch with your UK workplace pension(s). However, your UK pension could be a significant part of your overall retirement assets. The combination of being less familiar with your UK pension and the value such a pension can have, can make you a target for scammers. For this reason, if you are seeking advice about your UK pension, it is important that you know who you are dealing with and how to spot a potential scam. We recommend that people be alert to these warning signs:
- Reject unexpected pension or investment offers and be wary of cold calls.
- Know who you are dealing with and ensure you are dealing with a registered, professional financial adviser.
- Check any contact details as sometimes scammers ‘clone’ legitimate financial advisers’ websites to pass themselves off as real.
- Don’t be rushed or pressured even if it means turning down an “amazing deal”
- Be wary of promised returns – when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is
Florin Pensions has been a US registered investment advisory firm providing UK pensions and investment advice for over 10 years. We want you to be able to make informed decisions about your retirement. If you have any questions regarding your UK workplace pension, please feel free to contact us for help.