Expat Panel – Updates on Currency Transfer, Tax Planning, UK Pensions, Immigration and Banking
21 September, 2023
Whether you are new to Orange County or have been here a while, there are things you need to know to ensure success with your tax planning, immigration status, and current and future finances. Navigating the immigration laws, establishing your credit history, understanding the taxation system, and oh, what to do with that UK pension you left behind? While these issues may seem separate, your decisions about one issue, may negatively, or positively, impact one of the other areas.
This is your chance to get your questions answered from a panel of experts, including Florin Pensions CEO Emma Cockerton, in currency transfer, tax, immigration law, banking and UK pensions. You will also get a chance to connect with people who are in similar situations as yourself.
Join us at the Newport Beach Yacht Club for some in-person networking at 5:30pm. The panel session will begin at 6:30pm. Complimentary hor d’oeuvres and one drink ticket included.
Some of the questions you will have answered:
- Can I transfer a UK pension plan to the United States?
- What options should I have in the UK to draw income from my pension at retirement?
- What has happened to the UK’s Lifetime Allowance Tax Charge?
INTERNATIONAL TAX & ESTATE PLANNING:
- Do I have to declare my worldwide assets and/or worldwide income when I file my tax return?
- I will only stay in the US for a short period of time; can I claim some tax back when I leave?
- I want to transfer some money from Europe to my US bank account; do I have to declare something
- Now that I’m here, how quickly can I get a Green Card?
- How difficult is it to change employers?