Britevents Northwest: A Special Event Covering Tax, Immigration, and UK Pensions for Expats
06 January, 2020
15 January, 2020
5:30pm – 7:30pm
The University Club of Portland
1225 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204
Whether you are new to the Pacific Northwest, or have been here a while, there are things you need to know to ensure success with your tax planning, immigration status and current and future finances. Navigating the immigration laws, understanding the taxation system, and knowing what to do with that UK pension you left behind.
This free Q&A event provides you with a valuable opportunity to get your questions answered from a panel of experts. You’ll also have the opportunity to connect and network with people who are in a similar situation to yourself.
Join us for networking with wine and nibbles at 5:30pm, the panel session will start at 6:00pm.
Some of the questions we will answer for you include:
- Do I have to declare my worldwide assets/income when I file my US tax return?
- I am only staying in the US for a short period of time; can I claim some tax back when I leave?
- I want to transfer some money from Europe to my US bank account; do I have to declare something?
- Now that I’m here, how quickly can I get a Green Card?
- How difficult is it to change employers?
- Can I transfer a UK pension plan to the US?
- What can I do with my UK pension plan now I have moved?
- What are the new UK pension flexibilities introduced in 2015 and how do they affect me?
The event will be moderated by Steve Caldwell of Britevents Northwest.
Our expert panel includes:
- MOSES MAN: President and owner of M Squared Tax PLLC, Moses has over 12 years of experience guiding businesses and individuals through complex international tax laws.
- EMMA COCKERTON: CEO of Florin Pensions LLC, a US based investment advisory firm specialising in advising expatriates on UK pension transfers.
- TAHMINA WATSON: Nationally acclaimed immigration attorney and founder of Watson Immigration Law, specializing in business, employment, and investment visas.
Nearby parking for attendees is available in both the PacWest Center (Key Bank Tower), entering on Jefferson between Southwest Fifth and Southwest Sixth Avenues and the Ladd Tower, entering in on Jefferson between Broadway and Park Avenue. Street meters are also available throughout the downtown corridor as well.
Dress code at the venue is business casual. More information on this and the University Club can be found at: www.uclubpdx.com/about/guests