Expat Event – Updates on International Tax & Estate Planning, UK Pensions, Immigration and More!
27 April, 2023
Whether you are new to the Bay Area or have been here a while, there are things you need to know to ensure success with your tax and estate planning, immigration status and current and future finances. Navigating the immigration laws, establishing your credit history, understanding the taxation system, and oh, what to do with that UK pension you left behind? While these issues may seem separate, your decisions about one issue, may negatively, or positively, impact one of the other areas.
This is your chance to get your questions answered from a panel of experts in tax, immigration law, banking and UK pensions. You will also get a chance to connect with people who are in the same situation as yourself.
Join us for some in-person networking at 6.00pm. The panel session will start at 6.30pm. Hor d’oeuvres and wine included.
Some of the questions you will have answered:
INTERNATIONAL TAX & ESTATE PLANNING:
- Do I have to declare my worldwide assets and/or worldwide income when I file my tax return?
- I will only stay in the US for a short period of time; can I claim some tax back when I leave?
- I want to transfer some money from Europe to my US bank account; do I have to declare something?
- Now that I’m here, how quickly can I get a Green Card?
- How difficult is it to change employers?
- Can I transfer a UK pension plan to the United States?
- What can I do with my UK Pension now I have moved?
- What are the new UK pension flexibilities introduced in 2015 and how do they affect me?
- What is the UK’s Lifetime Allowance Tax?