UK Pension News & Insights
Calculator spelling taxes on its display

Taxation of UK Pension Payments for Expats

18 June, 2013

If you have income from one country and are resident in another, you may be liable to pay tax in both countries. For this reason, the UK has negotiated double taxation treaties with countries like the United States to address this. Under such treaties you may entitled to receive income, like your pension income payments, without the deduction of UK tax. This will very much depend upon your personal circumstances, so advice should be taken from your tax advisor and/or the UK’s HMRC. If you are eligible for gross pension income payments, you will need to complete the relevant double taxation relief form available at HMRC. Once approved, pension income would only be taxable in your country of residence. For more information, visit GOV.UK.

Photo Credit: “Taxes – Calculator Image” is copyright (c) 2014 eFile989 and made available under CC BY-SA 2.0